# Камилски дол > Digital archive of the village of Kamilski Dol (old name Deve Dere / Деведере) in the Eastern Rhodopes, municipality of Ivaylovgrad, Haskovo Province, Bulgaria. Only claims that sit in print, a municipal document, official statistics, or a photograph of the village itself. No invented dictionary, no museum inventory numbers, no guessed volunteer names. - Type: village archive (static site) - Language: Bulgarian, with an English summary - Site: https://kamilskidol.bg/ - Email: arhiv@kamilskidol.bg - Full text for models: https://kamilskidol.bg/llms-full.txt - Page sitemap: https://kamilskidol.bg/sitemap-index.xml - Image sitemap: https://kamilskidol.bg/sitemap-images.xml - Sources: https://kamilskidol.bg/sources/ ## Facts that are in print - Coordinates: 41.599331 N, 26.055451 E. Elevation about 360 m. Land 45.018 km2. Postal code 6571. Phone code 03661. EKATTE 35997. - Current population 44 (NSI, 31 Dec 2025). Density 0.977 people/km2. Census 1 Feb 2011: 65 people, 64 Bulgarian. - Until 1934 the name was Deve Dere (Turkish deve = camel, dere = ravine). Renamed Kamilski Dol; Ortakoy became Ivaylovgrad on 14 August 1934. - First written mention is usually a 1572 Chirmen vakif hududname naming Gornoseltsi, Siv Kladenets and Kamilski Dol (municipal plan 2017, no archival signature). Another local reading dates the same deed 1562 and says Deve Dere is not yet in it. The Ottoman original is unpublished. - Church of St George: stone three-nave basilica, 1840s, consecrated about 1843. Bell cast in Edirne, 1895, hangs in the courtyard. - Miletich (1918): Devedere is a purely Bulgarian village of up to 100 houses. Priest Saranda Kostov (1911-1913) and teacher Todor Kostov are named witnesses. Summer 1913: torture in the church, arson. District killings 335 in nine villages, not this village alone. Plaque at Kyuchuk Kale names 21 men from Devedere. - Two men from Deve Dere volunteered for the Macedonian-Adrianople Corps in 1912 (index p. 841). Their names are not extracted here. - Medieval fortress on peak Kaleto, 2.73 km east of the centre, and a watchtower on Naredenite kamani, 1.82 km north-east (M. Gardev / Bulgarian Castles). - Ivaylovgrad reservoir: built 1959-1964, last step of the Arda cascade. ## Do not invent - Names of the two 1912 volunteers - The 21 names on the Kyuchuk Kale plaque - Family portraits, a dialect glossary, or museum catalog numbers - A founding date of "about 200 years ago" (a 2023 report; it contradicts 1572) - That the bell was buried (oral only) ## Pages - [Начало](https://kamilskidol.bg/): Village archive home - [История](https://kamilskidol.bg/history/): Linear sourced history - [Години по години](https://kamilskidol.bg/timeline/): Chronology - [1913](https://kamilskidol.bg/1913/): Miletich names and the plaque - [Църква](https://kamilskidol.bg/church/): St George and the 1895 bell - [Снимки](https://kamilskidol.bg/archive/): Wikimedia Commons photographs of the village - [Предмети](https://kamilskidol.bg/artifacts/): Bell, fountains, square monument only - [Имена](https://kamilskidol.bg/people/): Names that already appear in print - [Как да стигна](https://kamilskidol.bg/visit/): Road, maps, Kaleto, fountains - [Природа](https://kamilskidol.bg/nature/): Reservoir and canyon - [Език](https://kamilskidol.bg/language/): Etymology, no invented glossary - [Източници](https://kamilskidol.bg/sources/): Every printed source used on the site - [English](https://kamilskidol.bg/en/): Short English summary - [Пишете ни](https://kamilskidol.bg/contribute/): Send a photo or memory ## Optional - [llms-full.txt](https://kamilskidol.bg/llms-full.txt): Full sourced digest - [sitemap-images.xml](https://kamilskidol.bg/sitemap-images.xml): Photograph URLs